I’m not having any luck getting lighting working in the Superformula shader, so I’ve decided to cut my losses for the moment, and strip out all the normal calculation code, since it wasn’t doing anything useful. I’ve added a new Range parameter for added control of the shading effect.
It looks nice, so I’m happy for the moment. I’m starting to suspect that adding lighting calculation might come with a big performance hit, anyway. I’m already slowing things down with the supersampling necessitated by the lack of GPU antialiasing, so maybe I should’t push things any further, anyway.
I’ll post some screenshots tomorrow.